Clearly one of the most durable scratch mixers on the market, the Rane TTM56 set new standards in this market when it was released. With top-end design, tank-like build quality and magnetically controlled faders this is a mixer for a real scratch pro. Then Rane and Serato released the TTM57SL which improved on the TTM56 layout and included unique built in Serato Scratch Live functionality. Finally Rane did it again by using the updated layout (as well as some of the other upgraded features) of the TTM57SL to improve the TTM56.
The result is the TTM56S. Quite simply, if you can't scratch with this, give up!
The improvements that the TTM56S has over the TTM56 are as follows:
- Universal internal power supply works anywhere you can plug into 100-240V AC
- All four inputs are now Phono/Line switchable. Plug in 4 turntables or 4 CD players, or any combination
- Both 1/4" and 3.5 mm headphone jacks are now provided on the front
- Channel cut switches now replace the transform switches to eliminate any audiable "click" when transforming
- High audio quality suitable for live venues, broadcast or studio applications
- Simplified operation by putting all controls on the top panel and increasing the width by 1"
- Text is now readable in the dark under UV light
- Still uses the same long-lasting non-bleed magnetic faders that made famous in the original TTM56